Sunday, June 7, 2009

driving home.

hey all, its been a while since I've posted a blog. I've been kinda taking a step back from techy stuff. It was necessarily even a decision I made, just kinda happened. But its been good. Ive been spending more time with the Lord, everyday want to know I've met with Him and been satisfied in His word and presence. It absolutely changes everything in your day to day life. I find I'm more of a people person when Im spending time with the Lord. I've been challenged in that lately. When I'm home and at church I have such a different thought pattern. I'm looking for where God wants to use me in the church, who I can encourage and speak life into. But when I'm on the road, I dont think like that at all. So I'm asking God to start using me on the road more in that manner. just in whoever's life. security guards, the random people at gas stations that we meet but so easily overlook, the band members and crew guys.

Psalm 27:4 'One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek, inquire for, and [insistently] require: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord [in His presence] all the days of my life, to behold and gaze upon the beauty [the sweet attractiveness and the delightful loveliness] of the Lord and to meditate, consider, and inquire in His temple....
27:8 'You have said, Seek My face [inquire for and require My presence as your vital need]. My heart says to You, Your face (Your presence), Lord, will I seek, inquire for, and require [of necessity and on the authority of Your Word].'


I love that is says, ' require My presence as your vital need.'
I know that at times, truly needing God like that in my life everyday. just not everyday. I pray that we would all begin to desire and seek Him with that amount of passion and desperation.

2 comments:

  1. Really awesome! Its cool to know that even people who get wicked with awesome guitars on huge stages with fire cannons can be so close to the Lord, and in such an awesome way! You guys have alot of power and persuasion among people, and its great to know that you will choose to use it for this kind of action. YOu are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a 22 year old from Ontario Canada, I've had the same problems keeping God first in my day to day life. As I have an Ex girlfriend who was very much the most important in my life over God and I never realized. After 3 years she left me and I began to rely on God more, out of desperation, out of a need. However sometime soon after we started hanging out and spending time together from time to time. It really made it hard to keep myself desperate for God when things started going well even when he was the REASON things were going well! Its funny how such a little change can put a wall between us and the Lord. The worst part is that every time I'm following the Lord, her and I seem to become closer, every time I'm following myself. Well things get worse, I want to be Desperate for God and Passionate about Him! I wish I could find a way to do that without a need in my life. Thank you for sharing, its helped me know how I should pray in my own life, and realize I'm lacking that desperation for God daily.

    ReplyDelete