Monday, May 18, 2009

wardrobe day in atlanta


Today, I went to the mall one last time before heading over to the studio where we are doing our photoshoot for the record. Spent a few hours going through everything and putting together outfits. Pretty cool stuff, I'm excited about the look of the new record. David Molnar is doing the shooting. Killer photographer! http://www.davidmolnar.com

They also worked on the album art shots as well. John the one who will be on it and he had to do the shoot with his shirt off, so to make him feel more comfortable and David and all the crew guys took their shirts off. It was a pretty funny sight.

Anyways, that was pretty much my whole day. I had a good time reading the word last night. I started the other day by trying to read a proverb a night, its turned into me going deeper than I have in a while. I realized I was just kinda blazing through verses getting it done, then stopped and prayed that God would make it alive and that it would be food to me and He would reveal Himself to me in it. And He really has. Praise God! I challenge you all to pray that as well. He's faithful and desires to be in relationship with us. It's such an amazing thing. Ok, I can ramble.
Night.

9 comments:

  1. Wow! I've never really thought of it all like that. When I open my bible tonight I will do it with a new conviction. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Proverbs! There's a great site online called Proverbs31 Ministries (proverbs31.org), it's a site mainly for women but they have daily devotions and they are absolutly awesome! BTW me, my 2 brothers and my SIL (sister-in-law) came out the the Fayettville, NC concert Friday night. You guys were amazing! My little brother was actually in a car accident last year in March and suffered from a severe TBI (traumatic brain injury). They doctors didn't think he would survive and when he showed signs of improvement they said he would need 24/7 nursing care. He was a back-sliden christian who had fell into a world of drinking and drugs at the time of his wreck. A week before the accident he had bought the Comatose cd and told us how good it was. While he was in the hospital my older brother found this cd on his night stand(all his other cd's were in his car and were scattered throught the woods during the crash). He was in a coma for 3 weeks. We played this cd while he was in the hospital for those long 2 months. God really used this album to help us through these times. We thought it was so neat how only THIS cd was left behind and how it was called Comatose because Josh was in a coma. We played this for him in the hospital while he laid there in the coma along with other music. We prayed over his body that God would use this to bring him closer to Him. Today after lots of rehab Josh is now walking again and living a almost normal life again. He's about to start back driving and working again as well. Even more, Josh is now on fire for Christ. Thank you all for all the hard work you do. God has really worked through you all to bless the lives of others!

    In Christ,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just starting Proverbs! What a profound book antithetical to today's worldview.

    Those are very strange album-art developments, can't wait to see the finished result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, that's cool! Can't wait to see the results on the album. More importantly, can't wait to listen to it!!

    Loved the bit about Proverbs! That's not rambling, that's wisdom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God! Will do for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite proverb:

    "Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, ‘Who is the LORD ?’ Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God." - Proverbs 30:8-9

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you're blogging again. :o)

    ReplyDelete